Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spoke Too Soon.

As we were sitting down to a lovely dinner together, Erika and I decided that our bathrooms are horrible. They're straight out of 1972. I feel like they should be decorated with a disco ball, a "Keep On Truckin'" mural-poster, a lava lamp and bright, fluorescent green paisley wallpaper. So we are redoing them. Totally. Gutted to bare walls and rebuilt from the ground up like in that show with the million dollar man. We have pics, including, ironically, bright fluorescent green paisley wallpaper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I am very excited to hear more about your other "goings on" besides home renovations, I am actually interested in your bathroom renovations. Are you going to be doing all the plumbing and electrical work yourself? Lindsay is considering trying to do the bathrooms himself...I am curious about your experience, in order to prevent a disaster...

Deacon and Erika said...

Plumbing...yes.
Electrical...no.

The plumbing, we feel, is pretty straightforward. I'll post my 3 rules of the professional plumber in my next blog edition. The electrical...well let's just say that if I screw up the plumbing things get a little wet. If I screw up the electrical I could burn the house down.

ericwyman said...

I'd also like to point out that water + electricity can also start a fire. Not that I'd know anything about that.